Production Manager Role
1. General role
- The Production Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall production.
- This is a co-ordinator’s role, ensuring that the various teams or individuals (props, costumes, set design/build, publicity, etc.) are all able to fulfill their particular tasks by the agreed deadlines.
- This should not preclude the PM from becoming involved, in a hands-on sense, with any aspect of the production seen to be requiring attention.
- The role also involves liaison with the NVT Production Coordinator, principally finance, as it is the PM who will control the production budget.
- The PM has overall responsibility for the production during the run, working closely with the Stage Manager.
2. Production Schedule
- The PM will agree with the Director the production schedule:
- production meeting dates
- rigging dates
- technical and dress rehearsal dates
- distribute production schedule to crew and cast
3. Cast/Crew details
- The PM will agree with Director all crew roles and responsibilities and ensure all roles are filled.
- Create crew and cast list with contact details:
- Distribute this list to Artistic Director, NVT Production Coordinator; Front of House Manager, Newsletter Editor and Membership Secretary.
- Assist Director in ensuring all crew and cast are paid up members of NVT.
- The PM will agree budget with Director and submit draft to NVT Production Coordinator.
- Obtain approval from Committee for any essential over-limit spend before incurring it.
- Manage budget – receive receipts and record all spending.
- Submit final budget and expenditure sheet to NVT Treasurer for reimbursement.
- The PM will Book production meeting spaces in NVT calendar by contacting NVT Diary Manager, or in their absence, Chairman.
- Attend all Production Meetings.
6. Rehearsal Schedule
- The PM will work with Director on creating draft Rehearsal Schedule.
- Distribute to cast and crew and solicit feedback to dates selected.
- Book rehearsal dates, times and venues in NVT calendar by contacting NVT Diary Manager.
- Distribute confirmed schedule to cast and crew.
- Attend rehearsals regularly to keep abreast of progress.
7. Posters and Programmes
- The PM will coordinate the production of the poster and programmes.
- The PM will ensure publicity photos and cast bios are available when required.
8. Get Out and Post Production
- The PM will plan the Get Out in consultation with the Director
- Prior agreement will be made for storage or disposal of furniture and props
- Moving of the rostra in the Studio will be agreed prior with the Health and Safety Manager.
- Future Front of House (Bar & Box Office) cover will be scheduled with the Director, Cast and Crew.